From politics to cinema, the question of ‘love jihad’ has always been resolved. There is a lawsuit to ban the film alleging that Akshay Kumar, Dhanush and Sara Ali Khan’s recently released film ‘Atrangi Re’ promotes a touchy subject like ‘love jihad’. The accusers say the film, directed by Aanand L Rai, depicts Hindus as cruel, while Muslims are portrayed as people with religious harmony. In the film, the protagonist’s mother is a Hindu Rajput, who falls in love with a young Muslim man, Sajjad. Against her family, the heroine’s mother marries that young Muslim man. In this, the angry heroine’s maternal grandmother burns her daughter and husband alive. Through this incident, he has also been accused of spreading hatred towards Hindus.
This is not the first time that jihad love has been shown in a movie or web series and people’s anger has been shown against it. Previously, Mira Nair’s web series “A Suitable Child”, Akshay Kumar’s film “Lakshmi,” Sanjay Leela Bhansali’s “Jodha Akbar” and “Padmavat”, Deepa Mehta’s film “Fire,” and Farhan Akhtar’s film. “Toofan”. It has shown itself in this, due to which there has been a great uproar. For information, let us tell you that love jihad is made up of two words. The English word ‘Love’ means love, love and the Arabic word ‘Jihad’, which means putting all your strength to fulfill a purpose. In this way, by catching girls of other religions in the web of their love, who believe in a particular religion, they get that girl to convert, then this whole process is called love jihad.
This year too many films of this type have been released, in which the love jihad has been declared worrying or useless, let’s talk about them …
A ban is required for the promotion of love jihad in the Akshay, Dhanush and Sara movie Atrangi Re.
1. Atrangi Re
Release date: December 24
Superstar Akshay Kumar, Dhanush, and actress Sara Ali Khan have lead roles in the movie ‘Atrangi Re,’ which airs on Disney Plus Hotstar. The film, directed by Aanand L Rai, is being accused of instigating the theme of love jihad. In the film it is shown that a Hindu Rajput girl named Rinku (Sara Ali Khan) falls in love with a young Muslim man named Sajjad, who lives in her city. Rinku tries to escape her home 21 times to be with Sajjad, but is always caught. In the flashback it is shown that her mother also loves her Muslim father very much. Enraged by their marriage, Rinku’s maternal grandparents burn them alive. The entire incident occurs in front of Rinku’s eyes, causing her to become mentally ill. There are also many dialogues in this, which directly attack religion. As Rinku says in one place that she is from the Raja Ram dynasty, she has a swayamvara there, she does not accept forced marriage. Her and Sajjad’s love is pure.
- In this film an attempt has been made to tell love, love or love above any caste or religion. Along with this, the events that happen in the society have been featured as part of the film’s story. But many Hindu organizations have overcome this issue in an infuriating way. It alleges that love jihad has been promoted through the film. In this, an attempt has been made to create social hatred by justifying the love and marriage of a Hindu girl and a Muslim boy. Not only this, Hindus have been shown to be cruel, committing violence in the name of religion. On the contrary, it has shown a positive image of Muslims. There is a demand to boycott the film.
2. Web series: The family man
Release date: June 4
Bollywood actor Manoj Bajpayee and South Cinema superstar actress Samantha Akkineni have performed powerfully in the web series ‘The Family Man 2’, which airs on Amazon Prime Video. This suspenseful, drama, action and adventure web series is directed by Suparna Varma along with Krishna DK and Raj Nidimoru (Raj & DK). Along with Manoj and Samantha, Priyamani, Sharib Hashmi, Seema Biswas, Darshan Kumar, Sharad Kelkar, Sunny Hinduja, Shreya Dhanwantri, Shahab Ali, Vedant Sinha, and Mehak Thakur have played important roles. Although the story of The Family Man is fictional, it is largely inspired by true political-social events. Many stories continue to run parallel to the main story. Among them there is also an anecdote of the daughter of the Shrikant intelligence officer, Dhriti, who is in love with a boy named Kalyan. The child hides his identity. In reality, he is Salman and he is doing it at the behest of a terrorist. But then, under a plan, they kidnap Dhriti. Salman wants to rape her. He and his associates are about to kill Dhriti, but she is saved.
- There is no debate on the Hindu-Muslim relationship in this web series. Only one conspiracy is shown. ‘Love Jihad’ has become a problem regarding such a conspiracy.
Release date: November 5
Akshay Kumar, Ajay Devgan, Ranveer Singh and Katrina Kaif starring ‘Sooryavanshi’, which opened in theaters after a long wait, has done well at the box office. Although it is a Rohit Shetty Cop Universe franchise film, it has been accused of Islamophobia and love of jihad. The story of the film is based on the terrorist incidents in Mumbai and the actions of Pakistan. In this, it has been shown how Pakistani terrorists are sent to India by making sleeper cells and forced to carry out terrorist acts. It is shown in the film that 40 terrorists from Pakistan are trained and sent to India making sleeper cells. These people keep changing identities. Even after getting married, they charge up to the business. But as their masters activate them, they carry out terrorist explosions. One of these terrorists becomes a Hindu in Goa and marries a girl implicating him in his love. She worships with him, but goes alone and offers him Namaz. One day his Pakistani handler comes to Goa and plans an explosion on his descent. Meanwhile, the wife of a Hindu-turned-terrorist arrives. If the secret is not revealed, the terrorist takes his life. Based on this story, there is talk of love jihad.
- Rohit Shetty’s film highlights the seriousness of problems like Muslim terrorism and love of jihad. It has become the main part of the movie. Through this, it has been tried to say that both issues are becoming serious in our country and in society.
Release date: July 16
Farhan Akhtar, Mrunal Thakur, Hussain Dalal, Mohan Agashe, and Paresh Rawal have appeared in major roles in the film ‘Toofan’ broadcast on the OTT Amazon Prime Video platform. The movie ‘Toofan’ is based on the love story of a Muslim boxer and a Hindu doctor. In this, Ajju, also known as Aziz Ali (Farhan Akhtar), a Dongri bully, turns to a famous Mumbai coach, Nana Prabhu (Paresh Rawal), to become a boxer. At the same time, he meets Dr. Ananya (Mrunal Thakur). Ajju and Ananya fall in love. When Nana Prabhu finds out about this, she gets very angry. Until Ajju’s training stops. But Ananya and Ajju decide to get married. After this, after all the twists and turns, Nana considers Ajju a good man and helps him.
- Contrary to social thinking in this film, the love and marriage between a Hindu girl and a Muslim boy has also been shown. The Muslim boy has been described as a hardworking and innocent type of lover and husband. The Hindu girl’s father has also been said to be cruel. He is also a poor father who is opposed to love. In this, interfaith marriage has been described as justified beyond the rhetoric of love jihad. That is why he also opposed this film. It was alleged that love jihad was promoted through the film. Many people also raised questions about the intention of lead actor Farhan Akhtar, demanding a ban on the film.
Release Date – July 14
The Malayalam movie ‘Maalik’ directed by Mahesh Narayanan is streaming on the OTT Amazon Prime Video platform. Nimisha Sajayan, Jeju George, Vinay Forte, and Dilish Pothan have major roles in this political crime drama alongside Mollywood superstar Fahad Fasil. The story of the film is based on a Muslim mob who first falls in love with a Christian girl and then marries her. That mob is the messiah of the people of their religion. It goes in any measure for its religion and its people. But by marrying a Christian girl, he also wants to convert his religion. Crime is at the center of the story, but the love story of that mob is also an important part of it. Ahmed Ali Suleiman (Fahad Fasil) aka Ali Ikka (Malayalam as the elder brother of the Muslim community) commits illegal acts together with his friend David Christodas (Vinay Fort). Ali Ikka is in love with his friend David’s sister, Roslyn. The two marry without David’s permission. In the fight for the name of religion, the ways of Solomon and David parted. Meanwhile, Ali Ikka is incarcerated, so David begins the process of making him a Christian by bringing his children and wife, but Ali comes and stops the rituals. For him, his religion is paramount.
- Like Hindi movies, this movie does not show the love of jihad between Hindus and Muslims. Rather, the interfaith marriage between Muslims and Christians is shown according to the social and political backgrounds of the southern states, mainly Kerala. In Kerala, the political and social battle between Muslims and Christians continues. There also love jihad is an important issue. Kerala’s former chief minister, VS Achuthanandan, had expressed concern about the love of jihad in the state 11 years ago. He had told Kerala a threat of love jihad. Before him, the Kerala High Court had also expressed concern about making a law on love jihad.